Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend Rewind

This weekend was a whirlwind of activity. My parents were visiting, on a quest to find the perfect range for their new kitchen. I had no idea how many factors were involved in the purchase of a stove...nor the subtle factors that make one brand infinitely better than the next. Needless to say, if I hear the term BTU again in the next 5 years, it`ll be too soon!

As always, here are some scenes from our weekend...the highlights, if you will.

^^Friday saw a visit to the Magnum Pleasure Shop at Yonge and Bloor with Lili's baby bestie and my good friend. My Magnum was vanilla bean dipped in dark chocolate topped with culinary rose petals, almonds and crumbled macarons with a white chocolate drizzle. I was aiming for a "Sofia Coppola-style Marie Antoinette" theme. Ask for the "golden touch" for gold flakes and a free nail polish...because who wouldn't want to eat gold? Amiright?^^ 

^^Superdad on the walk home from Pizza e Pazzi after celebrating my cousin's 25th birthday. On Saturday evening we visited one of our favourite gelato and caffe bars, Novecento. The customer service there is fab...they gave my bébé a biscotti just to see her smile. She obviously loves to oblige. The gelato is all made in-house. Have the panna cotta or the pistachio (pronounced pee-stackio, people...we're speaking I-talian now!) you won't regret it. Also, Mastering the Art of French Cooking is currently 50% off at Chapters! Dinners at Casa Burtch are about to reach a whole. 'nother. level.

^^Sunday brunch was at Lil' Baci Taverna in our old hood. S had the meatball hero on homemade brioche. I'm partial to the eggs Florentine with truffled Hollandaise. Lili had the "silicone bib." It's a special, but it's not on the menu ;)^^



Here's where I'm Linking Up:

6 comments :

  1. The post made me laugh so hard - you're on a roll!! And hey, I totally want to eat gold please and the silicone bib special - dying.

    Looks like you had such a wonderful weekend with lots of yummy food. I have to say, you are one pretty adorable little family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the food you ate looks amazing :) I love weekends with lots of great food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Magnum bar looks so good :) I'm jealous you have a shop, we can only buy them in the grocery store!

    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen the line up outside the Magnum shop..crazy! Now I see why, it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alanna. I'm Carla and also writes a blog. I want to start a new series this August entitled "A Mother's Life" WOuld you like to join?

    Please email me at cc_aruta@yahoo.com

    www.aquarianbyheart.blogspot.com

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm very hungry and want to visit the Magnum shop, great pictures, great food and happy times by the looks of things.

    ReplyDelete