Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Favourite (FREE) Baby Dress Pattern!


































I've been obsessively whipping up Pretty Prudent's Snappy Toddler Top of late. The pattern is so simple to follow, and I adore the gathering at the front and back of the dress, as well at the pretty neckline. I am absolutely NOT a seamstress by any stretch of the imagination, so if this pattern was a success for me, it will be for you too! I even have plans to make at least three more of these dresses using this, this and this fabric from my faves at Tonic Living

The original pattern is for a top, but I easily modified it into a dress pattern by using a 12 month- sized dress I already had on hand as a template to add the extra length I wanted. 

Here's the final product:



^^I wish I knew the name of this fabric. It was a (perfect!) gift from a good friend^^


^^Wooden Horses Fabric by Michael Miller available at Tonic Living^^

These little dresses will be perfect for L this fall as she starts Montessori (::sniff:: I don't want to TALK about it) with a long sleeve shirt underneath and some leggings. Here she is modelling it from our WWWW post last week. I just love her little faces here...It's like she knows something I don't and she's laughing on the inside.


If you want to make your own dress, print out the free pattern and follow the (very complete and easy-to-follow) details here on Pretty Prudent.


Here's where I'm Linking Up:
Monday: Sumo's Sweet StuffThe Oliver's Mad HouseFlour Me With LoveC.R.A.F.TSay Not Sweet Anne Tuesday: Crafty ConfessionsHim & HerLadybug BlessingsA Bowl Full of LemonsSugar Bee CraftsHope StudiosBebetsy Wednesday: A Life From ScratchThe Pleated PoppyWalking in Memphis in High HeelsBecause Shanna Said So Thursday: My Fashion ForwardHouse of HepworthsA Glimpse InsideChocolate, Chocolate and MoreRhinestone Beagle Friday: Rattlebridge FarmShabby NestMy Romantic HomeThirty Handmade DaysFinding Fabulous for LessWhile He Was NappingYoung and CraftySimply DesigningSerenity NowThe Best Blog Recipes Saturday: A Vision to RememberBe Different, Act NormalAngel's Homestead Sunday: Super Sunday 

8 comments :

  1. I love that dress pattern too! I would love it if you would share this post at our Inspiration Monday Link party.
    ~Jamie (Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the dress! I can't sew at.all!

    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That horse dress is so cute! I wish I had girls to make pretty dresses for, but with boys it's never as much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a knack for picking out the most adorable fabrics - I love them both and of course Lili makes them even more adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are crafty! I'm so jealous! Makes me want to buy a sewing machine! Love it!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute dresses! I really like both fabrics. The bees are cute, and I like the colors of the horse fabric.

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  7. If someone who has made this top/dress before, please let me know if you added seam allowances to the pattern. I didn't (I can find nowhere in the pattern that it says to) and it looks too small- especially the neckline pieces.

    ReplyDelete