Monday, July 8, 2013

Liliana's Playroom Series: The Inspiration Process

I have been planning Lili's playroom basically since her conception. I added "create a playroom" to my 30 Before Thirty list in an effort to ensure it gets done in a timely fashion, and that I don't go overboard, as I am wont to do. In this era of Pinterest, Houzz and all manner of home decorating blogs, there is certainly no shortage of inspiration, and I tend to err on the side of taking things to a whole. nother. level. 
I have narrowed my inspiration down to several "essential elements" that the playroom must have. The room is a little basement guest bedroom now. It has very low ceilings, and it still has to accommodate guests when we have them, which is often.

They playroom must-haves:
  • space for guests to spend the night
  • lots and lots of storage
  • some kind of pretty tent structure
  • a play kitchen
  • a reading nook
  • a chalkboard wall
  • an art station
  • some kind of puppet show structure
...I think that about sums it up. Now for the inspiration!

^^via Design Crush^^


^^via Houzz^^



^^via Pinterest^^

^^via Etsy^^


I'm too excited to get moving on this project...but alas, I think it will have to wait until after her birthday party. My head is already swimming with all things party-related. I don't know if I can handle two projects of this magnitude at once!

post signature

Here's where I'm Linking Up:




     

15 comments :

  1. I'm not the only one who thinks of a play room before actually having a baby!! Yey!! :)

    I love your ideas... I've been thinking of a play room for so long but it's never made it to the to do list, I'll have to put it there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not Aline. Any excuse to decorate a room is good enough for me. Can't wait to see your ideas.

      Delete
  2. love the last picture of the reading nook!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am most excited for that element in the room. I have JUST the perfect little nook in the playroom.

      Delete
  3. I love all your ideas Alanna, you are so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these ideas are so beautiful - ah, to be a kid in the era of pintrest..... :)

    I hear you about not taking on two projects at once - at one more out porch and foyer were going to overlap and I just could not handle it.

    Good luck with this one - can't WAIT to see how it turns out. No doubt it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, C! I love your porch. Our outdoor space is on the docket for this summer, but it may have to wait. I can only do so much...then back to work in September (waaaahh!)
      As soon as it's done I'll totally let you know!

      Delete
  5. I love the one with the chalk wall. Love the idea of the roll of paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what you come up with! Following you on Instagram now :)

    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute!! I had so much fun doing the boys' playroom. Check out Land of Nod for toy storage, my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm actually working on the game room for my little ones. I know what you mean about how easy it could be to get carried away with the onslaught of ideas from Pinterst and creative blogs. So far I'm keeping things simple. My biggest goals are: easy access to the toys and easy clean-up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the reading area in the last pic. My boys would love that! Great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the chalboard wall. Such a cute idea for a playroom!

    ReplyDelete