Thursday, June 27, 2013

S'more Milkshake

I've seen iterations of the S'more Milkshake all over this fine internet over the past few weeks. I was turned on to the idea by a good friend who is a former New Yorker in LOVE with toasted marshmallow shakes (And really? Who wouldn't be?) In my mind, once you've got a toasted marshmallow, you only need to add a little chocolate and graham cracker and you've got perfection...I chose to use Nutella in this recipe, but this stems from my current obsession with stirring a spoonful of Nutella into everything I eat/drink these past few weeks. Any chocolate sauce or fudge sauce would work (equally? not sure...) well.




This recipe can be easily doubled for two.

Ingredients:

1 generous handful of mini marshmallows
1 tbsp Nutella or other chocolate syrup (you could use less, but why?)
1/2 cup (packed) vanilla ice cream
1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk (depending on how thick you like it)
3 squares of graham cracker pulsed to large crumbs in a food processor or chopper

Directions:

Toast the marshmallows in the broiler on a Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet (watch them carefully!) This will only take a few minutes. You can flip them, but that gets messy. At least toast them very well on one side. Reserve a few for garnish.

While the marshmallows are toasting, melt the Nutella in the microwave at 15 second intervals until it flows easily. This should only take one or two intervals at the most.

Reserve one tbsp of graham crackers for garnish.

Put all ingredients (except the reserved marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs) into a blender and blend until well combined.

Enjoy!

**for bonus points, add some fluffed marshmallow vodka**

Linking up here

Chocolate, Chocolate and More
Rhinestone Beagle
Our Sunday Best
Miz Helen's Country Cottage
A Glimpse Inside
House of Hepworths
Sparkles and a Stove



10 comments :

  1. wow, sounds yummy and I'll take two! Stopping by from All Things Pretty Thursday Linky.

    Christine :)
    http://www.myepicureanadventures.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be able to think about nothing else until I can get back in my kitchen and make this. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y U M. trying this tonight!

    Jennifer @ theladyandhertramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good!! Yummo!

    Kayla @ thealabamaangle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks delicious! I'm going to have to pin this one! Thanks for sharing at All Things Pretty, Hope you come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy! Sorry I missed the Sparkles and a Stove link. I'm not sure what happened there. I will fix it tomorrow first thing!

      Delete
  6. Hello,

    I am writing today in hopes of gaining your interest in reviewing the Dermagist Skin Care line on your blog. We often times do reviews / giveaways with bloggers such as yourself. I saw your site and thought perhaps it would be a good match for us both. Usually we provide you with a free product of your choice, such as the Acne Clarifying System. You can put a picture and a review on your website and even run a sweepstakes for your readers to win a Free Treatment (depending on which one you choose yourself) of their own. Then, when someone does win, you can simply email us the name and address of the winner and I will have one sent out to them right away. Our website is www.dermagist.com. Please take a chance to review our products as we have many products and different packages.

    What we ask for from you is this. You must link to us from your review. If you choose to do a giveaway on your website, we ask that your contestants like us on Facebook and comment as to why they like or are excited to try the products, etc. If this is of interest to you or you have any questions, please email me back and we can make arrangements to take the next step. Thanks for your time and your consideration. Have a pleasant day!

    Nicole Rees
    Dermagist
    Nicole@dermagist.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alana, Lizy here at http://justdipitinchocolate.blogspot.com/ this smores shake is to die for! Thank You so much for showing it to my, will be making it for my sons soon, they just as mom love everything chocolate. I pinned onto my Thisty? C'mon have a Drink board! also following you on Facebook and bloglovin! Have a great weekend!
    Lizy

    ReplyDelete