Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lili's First Birthday Party

I think it's safe (if not socially acceptable) to say that I've been effectively planning Lili's first birthday party since about last Christmas. I have changed the "theme" about 85 times, but I think I've finally settled on one that I'm really excited about. 

Submitted for your approval:



All via Pinterest

Where to even begin? The gold balloons, the ruffle smash cake, the tablecloth! I'm just so in love with all things ombré at the moment. I have so many ideas for birthday crafts, I think my head is going to explode. I'll share them all here, of course, so do keep in touch.

The first order of business was to design and order her invitations. I made this one up on PicMonkey. Don't get excited, that's not my real address ;) 



I'll post a tutorial on how I made this invitation, as well as a few other ideas to utilize this great (free!) program early next week.

I can't believe that in a mere two months, I'll no longer have a baby. This year has gone by so incredibly fast.The last few weeks have been a little emotional to say the least, and I'm only jut gearing up...poor Steve! Ha! 

Linking up here:



12 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! I'm excited to see how G's baseball party turns out. Those invites were sooo cute!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty Alanna. I can't wait. Had little lili asked for anything special on her first birthday? Do let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Auntie Alicia! I'll ask her and get back to you. I know she's been wanting a drum...

      Delete
  3. This is so beautiful - I'm digging the gold! What fun. And DARN. I was ready to come stalk you with that address..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C! I'm so naive...I told S I was posting her invites here he was like "Do you think it's a good idea to post our address on the internet?" I was like "BUT THEY'RE ALL MY FRIENDS!" Hahah!

      Delete
    2. I think the exact same way! ;)

      Delete
  4. I think this theme is PERFECT. I LOVE the gold!
    Heidi @ handmadefrenzy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that theme!! Can't wait for your PicMonkey tutorial ;)

    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the ombre! can't wait for my babe's 1st birthday!

    www.theladyandhertramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect party theme! I LOVE ombre and I love gold right now! I am following you back from the Five on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your theme is amazing! I love the color combination and the ombre effect. I have the same birthday as LiLi. hehe :P

    ReplyDelete