Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Week in Review

Since we are on summer holiday, our week days have gotten a lot more interesting. I have decided, therefore, to replace the usual "Weekend Review" with "A Week in Review." This week was (as usual) a lot of eating, a lot of sewing and a lot of shopping. 

We spent a few days in Niagara visiting my parents, and bidding adieu to their house (and the house I grew up in!) as we know it. They're gearing up for a huge gut job and I am absolutely dyyyying to show you guys pictures. It's going to be stunning!! Stay tuned for one of the most outrageous "before and after" posts to date. I'm not exaggerating. I'm jumping out of my skin with excitement!

SPEAKING OF JUMPING OUT OF MY SKIN!!! Baby girl pulled up for this first time this week! She is growing up so fast, it's literally shocking! I'm still planning away in terms of her birthday party, and her gifts have been ordered. I won't lie...I have shed a few tears over the impending "Big 0-1." It's bittersweet...she's still my baby, but I get the feeling I'll always think this way. Even when she's 35 with babies of her own. 

^^Started off the week in beautiful Parkdale. Vistas included the histroric Gladstone Hotel and lunch included delicious beers at Bellwoods Brewery^^ 






























^^We had coffee at the Mascot Cafe. This place is incredible! The art is beautiful, as is all the vintage furniture. It's totally kid friendly, and the vibe is so welcoming. The coffee is pretty good too! Had to buy little Baby Dragon some Dragon shoes while at Gravity Pope for mama (as usual, I left empty handed.) Spending a mint on baby shoes compelled me to see if her snowsuit from last year still fits...so far, so good!^^

^^No week is complete without a trip to the Magnum pop-up shop. This time around I had chocolate ice cream with dark chocolate dip, toasted coconut, macadamia nuts, dried strawberries and crumbled macarons (of course). Topped off, as always with the golden touch for a free nail polish! Not sure what S had, exactly, but it looks yummy! I think next week I'm going experimental..."

 ^^Made tons of stuff this week (mostly for baby girl) and did a lot of sewing! This is a tiny sample of what I've been working on. I'm so obsessed with making these kimonos...I may need an intervention. Also made my sister some shower invites! So excited for her big day...it's coming so fast!^^

Here's where I'm Linking Up:



5 comments :

  1. Woweeee that if cream looks delicious...and woop woop S for pulling herself up!. Before you know it, she will be climbing over all your furniture:)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you!!! time goes so fast! I'can't believe my baby boy just turned one!!!
    cute pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a great week! You always do exciting things :) Sofia pulled up for the first time last week too! Ahhh, they are getting so big :)

    xx
    Megan
    Instagram: megawat
    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh YEA for little L pulling up!!!!! B is just starting it as well - isn't it soooo cute and terrifying at the same time? Love the snap shots of your week days. You have some lovely moments together!! And her new shoes are to die for - I want a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. now this sounds like a fantastic week!! i am loving the shoes and the icecream!!

    thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments x

    ReplyDelete