Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome, 2013! Aka: The 30 Under 30 Edition


So begins the dawn of a new year. Our little family has had an incredible run these past few years; new jobs, beautiful wedding, lovely new-to-us home, loads of travel and of course our sweet Baby Dragon. 


This year is bittersweet for me, as it marks the end of my twenties...I'm sure you're rolling your eyes right now, but I really feel like it's the end of an important era for me. Twenty-something was good to me. I've never met thirty-something but it kind of intimidates me for some reason. 

In order to ensure I appropriately wrap up this decade I'm giving myself something of a project. In lieu of resolutions this year (who keeps those, anyways?) I'll be doing a 30 Under 30 list. Effectively this is a list of thirty "life challenges" I want to accomplish before I turn thirty. I'm about 75% finished compiling the list, and when I am, I'll certainly impart here. 

Most importantly for 2013 I want an overarching theme permeating everything I do: Mindfulness. I want to live each day with intention, let my inner light shine and live as an example for my little daughter. I have a precious gift that I don't want to waste. A year off to "get my mama legs" and I don't want to waste a second of it. 

I'd like to welcome 2013 and to wish you all a happy, healthy and fulfilling New Year from Casa Burtch. I'm pretty sure it's going to be your year!

1 comment :

  1. Can't wait to hear what you come up with...maybe it will inspire ME to do the same. Keep us all posted. From what you've told me so far, it seems like it will be epic!

    ReplyDelete