Monday, December 3, 2012

On Charcoal and Mustard

**Allow me to preface this post by apologizing for the horrendous quality of these pictures. The iPhone camera is never my friend when I need him.**

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you my living room:

 As far as rooms go, it's alright I guess. Comfortable and serviceable to be sure...but it's glaringly devoid of colour. This is something that definitely bothers my husband more than I, but I aim to please and thus have ordered up some new fabrics from my favourite Tonic Living. I'll be making a array of knife-edged pillows in an effort of inject a bit more pizzazz. 
I obviously err on the side of caution by choosing mustard as an accent for charcoal, but I already have some green in the room and these fabrics picked up on that as well. My first choice would probably be a pink or lavender, but the aforementioned husband is not a fan. I'll update as soon as I'm done! I'm off to do a bit of sewing; felted baby shoes and mittens are on the docket today. We'll also be decking the halls! 'Tis the Season, so they tell me! 

5 comments :

  1. Tsk tsk. Steve has no sense of design... ;)

    There is nothing wrong with a monochromatic/achromatic room! Its sophisticated :)

    I'm sure the room will look great. :) Even if changing it WAS steves idea ;) BAH BOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mustard as well as the great patterns above! In my opinion, the best part of an accent color is that if you get tired of it you can change it very easily! Will be looking forward to the after pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the existing color palette that you choose. I find neutral colors so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the grey. Those chairs by your fireplace are awesome and I'm actually very jealous of your living room.

    ReplyDelete