Thursday, January 3, 2013

Liliana's Monthly Photos

On the 24th day of each month I have been taking a mini photo-shoot of Baby Dragon to commemorate her month-iversary. I've been asked many times where I got the onesies for these pictures, and the answer is I made them...and you can, too!

I found the printable here at Britt & Her Boys. She has so many awesome ideas you have to check out her blog! There is a girlie version, and a more gender neutral/ boy version. Clearly, I went girlie (like, whenever I have the chance!) The printable is all ready to go- no need to even reverse it. I simply printed it out on "Avery Light T-Shirt Iron-On Transfer Paper" using an inkjet printer. This is important...do not use a laserjet! It will melt the paper and possibly ruin your printer. Follow the instructions included to adhere the transfer to the onesie. You can use any brand of onesie you like. I used Gerber triple packs at a cost of about $10 each. You'll need four packs for a total of 12 onesies i.e. three 0-3 month, three 3-6 month, three 6-9 month and three 9-12 month. I've seen the Carter's brand triple packs at Winners and Marshalls for as little as $3.99...but of course not when I needed them.

In terms of the pictures, I do them in the same spot, at the same time on the 24th of each month with the same background. I've only done four so far, but the change in her is already so incredible! This is a great gift  idea, but it's also a really nice way to document your baby's development through the first year. I'm planning on compiling all the pictures into a photo book including the milestones she reached in each month.

1 comment :

  1. Liliana looks so cute! My two friends are first time expectant moms and I'm sure they will love this idea. I'm sending them the link to this blog post.

    ReplyDelete