Monday, May 6, 2013

A Beautiful Day

Lili and I spent this afternoon with her baby bestie and my good friend in High Park. The cherry blossoms are in full bloom, and we had an awesome lunch alfresco with the petals falling softly all around us. It really is a magical place this time of year. If you can make it out in the next few days, you'll get to see the trees in all their resplendent glory. In case you can't however, here are a few of my cheesy iPhone pictures, because I never remember to bring the good camera when I leave the house...









If you're wondering what we had for lunch, I made up some yummy mufuletta sandwiches. These Italian-American wonders are the perfect picnic food because you have to make them ahead of time. They actually improve as they sit, which is a rare quality in a sandwich. I loosely based my iteration on this recipe.

2 comments :

  1. These pictures are so beautiful! I love your picnic - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful!
    I think I missed the blossoms :(

    ReplyDelete